I have arthritis in both knees due to physical activity when i was younger. This has led to my knees swelling with fluid it also has caused adema in my lower leg and feet. Over the last few years it has turned into dark purple blotches on my calf's and fe

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine

In brief: While

While arthritis in your knees may cause pain and swelling, rough dark purple blotches on your calves and feet are not typical.
You may want to start with a dermatologist if your concern is the skin irregularities. If you are seeking treatment recommendations for the pain and swelling in your knees, then see an orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: While

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine