Is there a diet pill i can take that wont effect my antischicotic meds i was taking risperdone but am allergic to it but I am wanting to try the diet pill apidexin. Is there a bipolar / schitzophrania med that i can't take as well

Dr. Carlos Barrios
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

the problem with diet pills and supplements is their stimulatory effect which can actually quite dangerous.
Your regular psychiatrist may be actually able to speak to you about Topamax (topiramate) which is a mood stabilizer with apetite lowering effects. Take care.

Dr. Carlos Barrios
Dr. Carlos Barrios

In brief: Because

Because most diet pills contain stimulants i would sit down and talk to your psychiatrist before taking one.
If you have gained weight on your antipsychotic medication; before looking to take a diet pill; ask your doctor if there is an antipsychotic medication that tends to cause less weight gain then Risperidone that he or she believes will effectively control your symptoms. I might also suggest that you see a nutritionist since many of the medications that might be appropriate for you can have weight gain as a side effect. Good luck.

In brief: Because