Have HIV they say vitamins a b c e iron and zinc are good for me to take but what brand of vitamins and iron and zinc are good what brand of vitamins are good

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Doesn't matter much

The important thing is antiretroviral therapy (ART, i.
e. anti-HIV drugs) under the care of a doctor or clinic experiencd in HIV management. With this, normal lifespan is likely. Eat a balanced diet and other generally healthy habits. These particular nutrients are fine if they help you feel better, but no proved effect on long term outcomes. Any brand should be OK. Discuss with your HIV provider.

In brief: Doesn't matter much

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield

In brief: The

The food and drug administration (fda) categorizes dietary supplements as food, not as drugs.
Dietary supplements do not need to be pre-approved by the fda before being placed on the market. In 2007 the fda ‘s "current good manufacturing practices" (gmp) policy took effect to ensure that supplements "are produced in a quality manner, do not contain contaminants or impurities, and are accurately labeled" . You can use a search engine to pull up a list of vitamin / supplement companies that are gmp certified. A doctor i work with recently attended a conference that recommended nature’s bounty brand because their doses are standardized. I hope this information is helpful for you.

In brief: The