Why do the soles of my feet and palms of my hands go numb at random times? The soles of my feet and the palms of my hands go numb at random times. Not both soles or palms at the same time, necessarily. Then, it hurts and tingles. Could this be because of

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Numbness

Numbness can be due to medication but also focal or general problems.
If it were a medication issue odds would be the it was persistent in all extremities at all times.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Monica Wood
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: These

These symptoms, called dysesthesias, can have a variety of causes.
A good neurologist can help sort it out. You are on a variety of medications for the central nervous system. These can have various side effects, but you will have to work with your physicians on changing doses to see which one might be a culprit. When symptoms involve both sides of the body and the hands and feet, the cause is either more generalized, like diabetes, medications, or other neuropathies, or it is focused in the neck or lower parts of the brain. If you notice symptoms when moving your head one way or another, it can point to some tightness in your neck. Any nerve problem should not be ignored since the damage can become permanent. Even drug reactions, like tardive dyskinesia, can be irreversible. Any lasting loss of feeling or weakness should be evaluated quickly.

In brief: These

Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Monica Wood
Dr. Eric Weisman