What is wrong with me? For over 2 months I have been battling a UTI that has caused the over growth of yeast and bacteria to keep giving me vaginal infections back to back. According to test results I have no current vaginal yeast or bacterial infection,

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Discharge

Discharge can be normal depending on where you are in your cycle.
It is an issue when it has an odor or causes bacterial or vaginal irritation. You did not mention any of these symptoms in your post, which is why I am assuming your doctor said this could be normal. Also typically uti's do not cause vaginal infections, especially when treated. If this problem persists consider asking for additional diagnostic testing. Best of luck.

In brief: Discharge

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: I'm

I'm sorry you've had so much difficulty with this uti.
Not all vaginal discharges are abnormal. There's no question that repeated courses of antibiotics will disrupt the normal balance of bacteria in your vagina and contribute to yeast infections. Antibiotics might even set the stage for bacterial vaginosis, which occurs when certain pathogenic bacteria "outgrow" the normal organisms in your genital tract. Once these issues are addressed (that is, the uti, yeast vaginitis, and bacterial vaginosis are cleared up), it may take several cycles for your body to return to its usual state. In the meantime, it would be worthwhile to continue taking a daily probiotic (any multi-strain probiotic will do; it doesn't have to be rephresh pro-b). If your discharge develops an unpleasant odor, or if you develop vaginal itching, burning, or pelvic pain, see your doctor again. For what it's worth, i've attached a link that provides more information about vaginal discharges. I hope you feel better soon! http://women.Webmd.Com/vaginal-discharge-whats-abnormal.

In brief: I'm

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham