How do I know if I have ADHD I have often been told I have obvious ADHD symptoms. These symptoms are really starting to challenge me as a student. I just want to know how i can be more sure if I have it, and how to be diagnosed?

In brief: There

There are two categories of symptoms for attention deficit disorder: attention and hyperactivity.
Let’s talk about attention first. You said this is impacting you are a student. Are you losing or forgetting the things you need for school — your homework, your text books, your pen, etc.? Are you getting answers wrong on tests because you are not paying attention to details? May be you are careless? Do your teachers or your parents tell you that you don’t seem to be listening to you when they are talking? Are you so bored that you don’t finish your assignments or that you day dream in class? Are you easily distracted? For instance, when the teacher is talking do you start focusing on the bird flying by outside instead? Do you have problems following instructions or staying organized? Regarding hyperactivity: do people compare you to the energizer bunny or the tasmanian devil because you have so much energy? Are you a motor mouth? Are you always on the go, go, go? Can you stay seated during a full class or do you find yourself squirming and getting up out of your chair? Is is hard for you to just relax and be quiet? Do you interrupt other people or answer them before they even finish their question? Are you irritable or do you get angry fairly easily? If you answered yes to a lot of the hyperactivity and the attention questions, it is possible that you could have attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity. If you have attention problems without the hyperactivity — you could have attention deficit disorder. See your family doctor to discuss the possibility that you could have adhd. Your doctor may assess you or might send you to a specialist. There is help. Good luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Occupational Medicine

In brief: ADHD criteria

This link http://www.
Adhdoractivechild.Com/adhd-test will let you know, but it is your parent that needs to answer the questions. There are two types of adhd inattentive vs. Hyperactive. If you have inattentive before you go done the medication path ask yourself it you are studying your passion or just trying to get a degree. I have never met anyone who was inattentive to their passion.

In brief: ADHD criteria

This link http://www.
Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Dr. Jonathan Jassey