What are the chances I have hiv? I am going crazy over this. First of all, this will sound insane. Recently i "fingered" a girl that i don't know well, and the finger i used, had a 5 day old paper cut. About 3 days after the encounter i developed flu sym

Pathology

In brief: Not HIV

Congratulations on your adventure.
Anytime another person allows even some simple loving, you should be pleased and feel that life's good. I'm sorry this led to your being frightened. Paper cuts are sealed securely with fibrin and you won't get infected through them. And the onset time for HIV isn't so fast.

In brief: Not HIV

Congratulations on your adventure.
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Unlikely

But anything is possible.
If you are concerned about this, go and get tested. Also you might want to find out if the woman with whom you were intimate has been tested.

In brief: Unlikely

But anything is possible.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff

In brief: My

My gosh, you really are worried.
This does not seem like a high risk situation to contract hiv. Donating blood does not put one at risk for contracting the HIV virus. If you are not able to stop worrying, discuss this with your doctor.

In brief: My

My gosh, you really are worried.
Dr. Henry Selke
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: ...

Hiv is transmitted via blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk and any other body fluid containing blood.
Unprotected sex is a risk factor. Anal sex is riskier than vaginal sex which is riskier than oral sex. Sharing needles and "works" can transmit hiv. If concerned about acquiring HIV talk to md about testing with HIV pcr viral load which detects virus earlier (window period) than routine test.

In brief: ...

Dr. Henry Selke
Dr. Henry Selke
Dr. Shontae Buffington