Am i too thin for tumescent liposuction? I have over the past three years worked hard to get my body back into good shape, and I am no longer in the overweight range. I'm 5'5 and 135 pounds. Will tumescent liposuction remove the few remaining stubborn fat

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Liposuction

Can help you contour stubborn deposits of fat.
It's not really for losing weight, though. Congrats on your weight loss success!

In brief: Liposuction

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely

Liposuction is not a weight loss solution for people who are overweight or obese.
It is for people with normal weight who have small areas of stubborn fat. You will be a good candidate.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Liposuction is done to remove fat that remains after fat loss, as a' touch up" of contour problems.
Your surgeon will discus specifics with you.

In brief: No

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Liposuction

Liposuction works better on thinner people.
Of course, you still need to have enough fat in the areas of concern for liposuction to have an effect. Stubborn, disproportionate areas of fat in someone close to their ideal weight are ideal for the procedure. There is lower risk of gaining weight after liposuction which can negatively affect your results. Liposuction has the ability to selectively remove fat deposits exactly from the areas where we want it removed. This is different than weight loss, where the fat goes away following your genetic road map.

In brief: Liposuction

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Julio Garcia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Tumescent

Tumescent anesthesia can be used to remove smaller areas of fat with liposuction.
The ideal patient is someone with localized areas of fat rather than general obesity, so it sounds like you are likely a good candidate.

In brief: Tumescent

Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Marsha Davis