What is the difference between elevess and botox? Hello! I am a woman in my mid-thirties who seeks to get rid of the frown lines I am developing between my eyebrows. I have been researching injectable dermal fillers and have recently found a product calle

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Paralytics ; Fillers

Facial rejuvenation can be by temporary muscle paralytics like botox, xeomin, (incobotulinumtoxin a) Dysport or by injectable fillers like juvederm, elevess, belotero (the hyaluronic acids) or Radiesse (an hydroxyapatite) or by silicone or by your own fat (harvested from other areas of the body).
See your plastic surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of the different options and s/he can advise you re the best option.

In brief: Paralytics ; Fillers

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Fillers and botox

Fillers work by filling in and neurotoxins work by blocking muscle action.
Between the eyebrows, the line that forms is a result of muscle movement. A neurotoxin is a better choice for this area.

In brief: Fillers and botox

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Elevess

Elevess is an ha (hyaluronic acid) filler like restylane, juvederm and perlane.
These work best in the lower face, where we want to preserve animation, like smiling. The lines running from the sides of the nose down to the mouth are the most common area treated with fillers. The benefit of fillers is almost instant satisfaction. Botox, is a neuromodulator, like Dysport and xeomin, (incobotulinumtoxin a) it works by reducing muscle motion. These are most frequently used in the upper face, and the area between the eyebrows is the most common area treated with neuromodulators. By reducing your ability to frown, the skin stops folding and the lines gradually reduce. Sometimes, when the frown lines are very deep, a combination of the two gives the best results. Hope that helps. More information is also available on my web site.

In brief: Elevess

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Julio Garcia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Elevess

Elevess is a filler than can be used to fill in wrinkles seen at rest.
Botox weakens muscles and reduces the ability of the skin to fold and allow wrinkles to be seen. If you have wrinkles at rest, then the filler might be all that you need, but some people have both the filler and the Botox and the effects lasts longer than only one of them alone.

In brief: Elevess

Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Julio Garcia