What are the signs of depression? How do you know if you're depressed? Do you have to have a certain number of symptoms or something?

If. If you are feeling down and in the dumps, that is called a depressed mood. Clinical depression is a more serious matter. Symptoms of depression can include angry or sad mood; eating too much or too little; sleeping too much or too little; excessive feelings of guilt feeling helpless or hopeless; losing motivation to do things; isolating from other people; poor concentration or memory; having a harder time making decisions, liking yourself less, having thoughts of suicide and not enjoying things that used to be fun. If you find that you have at least a handful of these symptoms, I suggest that you discuss it with your doctor so that it can be determined if you are suffering from major depression. Once the cause is established, than you and your doctor can decide on a plan of action. I hope this is helpful.
Depression. There are diagnostic signs and symptoms if depression such as diminished interest in activities for over two weeks with changes in sleep, appetite or activity level and difficulty concentrating, feeling guilty, thoughts of suicide and others. You can feel all or some of these things. Your physician will have to make sure that you don't have a medical problem. Two weeks is the time criteria.