Is laser peel effective for removing tattoos? I have a tattoo that is not meaningful to me anymore. I am thinking about removing it. It is located on my back and is about 10 inches in diameter. I have had it for 10 years and it is slightly faded. How safe

Dr. Julio Garcia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: We

We use a q-switched nd:yag laser for our tattoo removals, and although it takes numerous sessions, we have found it to be effective and safe on our patients.

In brief: We

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Q switched laser

The laser peel is not what you want you need to shatter that ink with the minimal amount of heat transfer as possible.
Q switched lasers are the gold standard. If your tattoo is black that is best if you have green or blues you will need to go to a doctor with multiple lasers to remove your colors. At 10 years there may be areas of ink remaining In general laser tattoo removal takes time but works

In brief: Q switched laser