My friend fell off his chair and landed on my foot. Now I have pain in the foot and was wonder what it is the pain feels like a bruise to the touch although there is no visible bruise. Maybe slight swelling. Sometimes hurts when walking.

If . If the pain is minor, your foot is likely bruised or sprained. Not all bruises reveal discoloration on the skin. Sometimes the cartilage, tendon, ligament, or even bone can bruise and just manifest as soreness. Of course more significant pain, especially with walking or weight bearing may signify a more serious injury such as a fracture/broken bone. Xrays are generally needed, along with a thorough physical exam to differentiate between a minor sprain or bruise, and a more serious fracture. Ultimately, the treatment may differ between these possibilities, and therefore an evaluation from a physician is suggested.