Could it be from smoking? I smoke a pack a day. 3 weeks ago my chest, above my right breast started hurting. Also, my back in the same spot as my chest. It was a dull pain unless i moved the wrong way. It would then be sharper pain. But if i coughed snee

Dr. Brian Lynch

In brief: Chest pain

Hi it's very difficult to say ( you don't give your age or medical conditions or what your medicines you might be taking.
Don't know how long you have been smoking but you shouldn't presume that smoking has anything to do with this ( it may or may not. You need to be evaluated. I'm sorry to say in this economy i know that might be difficult.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Since

Since smoking does put you at greater risk for lung cancer, lung infections and cardiac disease, the safest thing for you to do is to see your doctor. They will be able to examine your chest, listen to your heart and lungs, and consider imaging studies based on your exam. You could have just pulled a muscle, but unfortunately, without examining you, i can't just tell you your chest pain is nothing to be concerned about.
Go see your doctor and see what they think. Good luck!

In brief: Since

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy