Is it true that driving too much is risky for a pregnancy? It's my 5th child and I am 40 years old I had a miscarriage years ago but I don't think it had to do with driving

If . If you are healthy and have no other illnesses, there are only 2 problems i can think of with driving while pregnant. #1 driving always carries with it the risk of an accident and injury. Bad injuries could cause you to lose your pregnancy. Make sure you always wear your seatbelt (under your belly once it gets big), drive defensively, and do not participate in distracting behaviors while driving such as talking on the phone. #2 driving for very long periods of time (4 hours or more) can put you at risk for developing a blood clot in your calves or groin. The hormones involved in pregnancy make your blood more likely to clot and your bent legs and slowed blood flow also add to the risk. Make sure you take frequent breaks (every 2-3 hours) to get up and walk and stay very well hydrated. This can minimize your chance of clot. Good luck!