Had a diarrhea accident in my pants and now wondering how to prevent possible UTI or vaginal infections. 53 yrs old female in good medical health, post menopausal. Started drinking lots of fluid and cranberry juice. Any other ideas. My doc said wait until

I . I agree with your doctor. This incident does not necessarily mean you will get a vaginal or urinary tract infection. There is a possibility that harmful bacteria present in the diarrhea did not enter the vaginal or urinary tract. So like your doctor, i agree that you should wait for symptoms to occur. For example a UTI can cause burning with urination, frequency, lower abdominal pain, and even fever. While a vaginal bacteriainfection usually presents with a vaginal discharge with a foul odor and irritation. If any of the above occur please see your doctor. I wish you well.