Is a toothbrush safe to use on a 6 month old baby? I think i see the beginnings of my baby's first tooth showing. Do i start brushing the tooth once it's all the way out, or as it's still coming out? Is a toothbrush safe for her gums, or should I be using

Dr. Joseph Capista
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Yes it is safe

Yes it is safe to start to brush baby teeth as they begin to erupt.
There are small children brushes that are sold . If it is difficult to use a brush use a clean wash cloth till the child accepts the brushing

In brief: Yes it is safe

Dr. Joseph Capista
Dr. Joseph Capista
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Infant Safety Brush

The infant safety tooth brush, pictured here, is great to use with little ones just getting front teeth.
The brush is shaped in such a way that you don't have to worry about putting it in too far. It can also be used as a teething ring. Use a non-fluoridated infant toothpaste for children until they can reliably rinse and spit.

In brief: Infant Safety Brush

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Stephen Parker
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Yes,

Yes, it is safe to use a tooth brush.
Please do not share the toothbrush with your baby as a shared toothbrush will give the baby bacteria from your mouth.

In brief: Yes,

Yes, it is safe to use a tooth brush.
Dr. Stephen Parker
Dr. Stephen Parker
Dr. Jonathan Jassey