Should I have this check by a doctor or a specialist , if so what kind? I have for the past 4 or 5 months have a had a sharp pain in the lower right side of my head towards the base of my neck, immeadiatly followed by dizziness it happens anywhere from 1

In brief: Anytime

Anytime a headache is associated with other neurologic symptoms you need to have a neurologic evaluation.
Useful information for the neurologist would include prior head trauma with and without loss of consciousness, history of neck injury, family history of migraines or epilepsy, and any other associated symptoms (nausea, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, confusion, fatigue...). Good luck and well wishes.

In brief: Anytime

Dr. Eric Weisman