How do I clean my breast pump?

Dr. Roy Benaroch

In brief: Rinse/dishwasher

The pump itself isn't meant to be "cleaned"-- only the parts that touch you and touch the milk need to be washed.
Check the manufacturer's instructions, but for most of them the reservoir bottles and the funnel-shaped part that goes against your breast (sometimes called the "shield") can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. The tubing can be rinsed out by hand.

In brief: Rinse/dishwasher

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch

In brief: Wash it well

Wash each individual piece well with soap and water with dedicated cleaning utensils.
You can also use those handy microwave sterilizing bags to finish the job.

In brief: Wash it well

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson