Are there any traditional indian alternatives to radiation therapy for breast cancer?

Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology
In brief: Careful
Most but not all breast cancers need radiation therapy.
Please be careful of claims made by alternative treatments for cancer and ask for independent well controlled studies that demonstrate benefit. At this time alternative treatments are of a supportive role to more conventional therapies. I personally know of women whose cancer got worse while they tried alternative methods.

In brief: Careful
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: No
I am not aware of any alternatives that can replace radiation.

In brief: No
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Greg Pahnke
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Not known
The standard is external radiation in a course of 3 canadian study versus 6 weeks american study versus the newer concept of partial breast irradiation with internal dwelling seeds for 90 seconds / twice a day for 5 days in highly selected candidates.

In brief: Not known
Dr. Greg Pahnke
Dr. Greg Pahnke
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery