What is the right process and cost for a permanent tooth replacement (not a bridge)? One of my tooth was removed by a dentist long ago. Now I want to have a new tooth permanently attached to my jaw bone. What is the right process and associated cost.

Simple solution. Single-tooth implant can be used in people who are missing one or more teeth.
Dental Implant. Dental implant treatment is the best way to go. If you have had the tooth missing for years, the bone may not be of sufficient quality, quantity, or contour to do one right away. You might need some additional grafting to enhance the site. See a prosthodontist first to examine/evaluate the area. He/she will direst the treatment. Entire cost (implant/crown) 4 - 5 k. Good luck.
You. You should look into dental implants. A dental implant is a piece of titanium that is placed in the jaw where your tooth used to be. Titanium is very friendly to bone and will actually fuse with bone over a period of about 3 months. After healing, a dentist can place some supporting hardware onto the implant (called an abutment), and then place a crown on the abutment. The result is almost like getting back the tooth that was previously extracted. It looks and feels like a natural tooth and can take a lot of chewing force. You can brush and floss it just like your own teeth. The costs will vary by region - you will have to do some investigating to see what the fees are in your area. Also - you will need to have an examination by your dentist to make sure that you are a good candidate for dental implants. You need to be in good health and have adequate bone to support the implant.