What is the best & most cost effective method to whiten naturally yellow teeth? What is the cost per tooth for such procedure? I have naturally yellow teeth. I want to whiten them permanently. Someone suggested permanent veneers; some suggested other meth

Dr. April Ziegele
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Kor whitening

There are many options to brighten your teeth.
Veneers will do it but if you generally like the shape and look of your teeth, then removing tooth structure to get whiter teeth isn't a good option. Kor whitening is a less common but highly effective whitening product. It's charged by the length of time required to whiten and not by the tooth.

In brief: Kor whitening

Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. April Ziegele

In brief: If

If by permanently you mean never having to do another thing to them then you are probably out of luck.
Options exist but they all require some form of maintenance. Whitening requires periodic re-treatments (irregardless of how they were whitened), veneers will probably have to be replaced at some point during your lifetime, and the same is true with crowns or bonding. Cost depends on which option you choose. If you are satisfied with the shape and arrangement of your teeth my first choice would be whitening with custom trays made by your dentist which once you have them to a color you are satisfied with you will still have the trays to spruce the color back up whenever you feel they need it.

In brief: If

Dr. Stanley Chickey
Dr. Stanley Chickey
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Professional

Best result usually dental office at home whitening procedure.
You get the trays custom made and the solution from the dentist. You whiten at home. The zoom , etc. In office procedures are only faster and you end up with at home procedure anyway. If this does not satisfy you , then veneers or crowns are the next step.

In brief: Professional

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Eric Weisman