Have a question about the nuvaring and if it's safe to have intercourse without the use of other birth control methods i just started using the nuvaring for the first time this past sunday which is the first sunday after my last period. I am wondering if

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The nuva ring should have been inserted within the first five days of your menstrual period.
If you inserted it after your period ended, then it is best if you use a back up method for one month. This does not necessarily mean you are not protected, yet the odds are greater that you are not since you inserted it late. If you have further questions or concerns you should consult your doctor. Take care.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham