Dental problem in IVF hi all, we started our IVF cycle 2 days back with birth control pills. My wife will go on to injections from next to next week. My wife had a wisdom tooth which started giving her pain now and I am not sure on how to proceed. This

Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Generally

Generally speaking it is preferable to avoid illness or additional medication during the ivf cycle.
However, medical and dental issues also need to be addressed and resolved to optimize outcomes with ivf. So there is always a balance. I would recommend that you find out from your dentist exactly what they need to do, then speak with your ivf doctor. He or she is also invested in making sure you have the best outcome and can adjust your calendar or protocol if needed.

In brief: Generally

Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff
Dr. Shawn Gurtcheff
Dr. Thomas Mchugh
Consult with an oral surgeon is recommended.
Dr. Michael Farr
Dentistry

In brief: Get an evaluation

Wisdom tooth problems are best managed before pregnancy if possible because infections can rapidly spread and get into the bloodstream and complicate a pregnancy, as well as other things.
Even though you have already begun ivf, you should obtain a dentist consult and xray (if no recent one of the area is available) and have a diagnosis made. Also check with the physician managing the ivf.

In brief: Get an evaluation

Dr. Michael Farr
Dr. Michael Farr
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham