Do I have lice? I have a type of bug living in my hair that looks like lice but there are no visible eggs, nobody else in the house has caught them, and I never have combed out more than 20 bugs every few days with a metal lice comb. Most of the time my h

Lice. Pediculus humanus capitis or the head louse is a parasite that is about 1/8th of an inch long. It has 6 legs with a long body and a head in the shape of a diamond. It flat. It has no wings (thus doesn’t fly). It’s color can change to match it’s surroundings. It’s mouth is like a stylet which pierces a human’s scalp to get a blood meal.

.
This . This is very challenging to answer without a clinical picture and seeing in person. I would recommend you see a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment. They can examine you and look for nits in your hair. I hope that helps.