How can I get my pulled hamstring better by thursday? I am in dance and I have to perform thursday. I pulled my hamstring two weeks ago. And i didn't ice it or anything because i didn't have to practice or anything. I stretched yesterday and i think i str

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: You

You cannot rush this.

In brief: You

You cannot rush this.
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: By

By the date of this post, i believe your performance date has passed.
For the future or anyone who may benefit from reading this post, i will advise. It sounds like you did all the right things. In addition taking an anti-inflammatory like advil (ibuprofen) every 6 to 8 hours with food will help.. You may even want to visit your primary care provider and ask if a one time steroid injection is feasible. This would definitely help with the swelling and inflammation. Based on your history and the examination, your doctor will decide if this is a good option. I hope all went well. Take care.

In brief: By

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine