What is this lump on my jaw? About 3 weeks ago i was punched in the jaw. I had a lot of swelling but x-rays didn't show a fracture. Since then I have been taking anti-inflammatory's and most of the swelling has gone down. Now there is just a vary hard lum

Dr. John Scuba
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Jaw lump

The most common error in jaw trauma is to fail to follow it to resolution.
When an initial xray is "negative" for fracture, it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one! there may be a "nondisplaced" fracture which does not show up. The xray must be repeated in 10 to 14 days, when the decalcification of the fracture will then sometimes show up. With a persistent lump, you should see an oral surgeon.

In brief: Jaw lump

Dr. John Scuba
Dr. John Scuba
Dr. John Kong
Dentistry

In brief: I

I would go back to the dentist who took the x-ray or see an oral surgeon.
It sounds like you also have some issues with your tmj.

In brief: I

Dr. John Kong
Dr. John Kong
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine