Is it safe to take Nexium (esomeprazole) while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Yes. Nexium (esomeprazole) is prescription drug for reflux known as a ppi (proton-pump inhibitor), which inhibits the acid pumps in your stomach from pumping away...Which is a good thing if you're 8 months pregnant after a double-cheese pizza! but over-the-counter ppis are also considered safe in pregnancy and nursing, like Omeprazole (prilosec) and Lansoprazole (prevacid).
Yes. Nexium (esomeprazole) is classified as a category b drug during pregnancy, this means that no animal or human studies show risks or not enough data is available to classify it as a lower risk category. During breast feeding it falls into L2 or a safe drug based on existing studies in breast feeding mothers.