Am I pregnant? I have been on birth control for 1 year. I took 1 antibiotic pill 20 days ago. 3 days ago I had unprotected sex. I took a pregnancy test hours after sex and it said negative. I should get my period in 2 days.

As. As long as you have been using your birth control pills correctly (taking them around the same time every day without skipping any) then you have a less than 1% chance of getting pregnant, even without any other method of protection. It is true that some antibiotics can cause the pill to not work as well, but that would only have been true if you had sex while you were on the antibiotic or shortly afterwards. Taking an antibiotic 17 days before having sex should not effect the pill's ability to keep you from getting pregnant. So as long as you have been using the pills correctly, there's a less than 1% chance you are pregnant. That being said, a home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period. Taking it immediately after sex is way too soon and will not give you an accurate result. The pregnancy hormone (bhcg) that is detected by the test needs at least 3-4 weeks to build up to a level high enough to be detected.