Will an eye lift procedure make a big difference in the elasticity of the skin around my eyes? I have finally accepted the fact that a surgical procedure is the only way to correct the effects of age and sun damage on my eyes. Will an eye lift improve som

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Eyelid

Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, doesn't really change the elasticity of the eyelid skin itself.
It can involve removing excess skin and repositioning or removing excess eyelid fat. To change the skin itself topical medications and/or resurfacing may be options.

In brief: Eyelid

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Julio Garcia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Eyelid

Eyelid surgery wlil remove excess quantity of skin but will not affect the quality of the remaining skin, so the elasticity will be unchanged.

In brief: Eyelid

Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Julio Garcia
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: Surgery

Surgery of the eye lids will not change the elasticity of the eyelids, but can lead to a dramatic improvement in your apprearance.
I suggest that you seek a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon who is best prepared to tell you what can be achieved once completed.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It

It will not improve the elasticity which has been lost due to aging and sun, environmental damage but what it will do is to erase the effects of that aging so i say go for it.
www.beautybybrueck.

In brief: It

www.beautybybrueck.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: There

There are multiple techniques to treat the aging eyelid - all treatments are individualized to meet the needs of each individual patient.
These treatments include brow lifts, removal of lax or excess skin of the upper or lower eyelids, removal or repositioning of lower lid fat, fillers or fat to replace lost eyelid volume, skin resurfacing with chemical peels or lasers, etc. We could better answer your question with more information or pictures of your eyes.

In brief: There

Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Richard Fleming