I just had unprotected sex and i remember taking an amount of birth control pills to not get pregnant how much do I have to take

In brief: Oh,

Oh, my gosh. Don't have unprotected sex unless you want to get pregnant.
I don't understand if you are explaining that you took a bunch of pills after intercourse so that you would not get pregnant or if you took it before hand. Birth control pills don't work by taking a handful of them at one time. If your doctor has prescribed you birthcontrol pills, normally there will be directions about to take them. If you took some birth control pills that were not prescribed for you - don't. There are different directions for taking different kind of birth control pills. The best advice i can give you is to use birth control pills that were prescribed for you and take them as ordered by your doctor.

In brief: Oh,

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: I

I agree with dr. Fowler: the time to think about birth control is long before having sex.
If you have access to oral contraceptives for use as a "morning after" pill, you certainly had access to take them as prescribed in advance. And condoms are cheap, readily available, and have the added advantage of protecting against sexually transmitted diseases. That said, using high doses of your regular oral contraceptive shortly after unprotected sex may reduce your chances of pregnancy after the fact. How many to take varies with the formulation of the pill itself. Here's a link to a web site that lists common oral contraceptives and their "emergency" doses: http://ec.Princeton.Edu/questions/dose.Html.

In brief: I

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Jane Van Dis