I have just found blood in my poo what shill I do please I have just found blood in my poo what shill I do please

Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: As

As dr. Andrews noted, characterizing the nature of the blood in the stools may be helpful in determining the cause.
In addition, information such as amount, if it has happened before, if there is a family history of colon cancer, your age, other medical conditions, are also important. If you have a strong family history of colon cancer, or if you are 50 years of age or older, you should have colonoscopy screening for colorectal cancer and continuing until age 75 years. To assess your risk for colon cancer, you can use several tools on-line, such as the one from the cleveland clinic (http://digestive.Ccf.Org/scores/go).

In brief: As

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Blood

Blood on the stool can be caused by hemorrhoids.
Blood mixed with stool suggests a process happening higher in the intestinal tree. This can be infection, inflammation, vascular malformation, or tumor, among other things. It won't be possible to sort things out without a colonoscopy or other examination. Bleeding of this type often stops on its own, but that should not keep you from going to the doctor to be checked out. In the meanwhile, try to avoid things that "thin" your blood, like aspirin. If you are prescription blood thinners, don't stop taking them until you see your doctor.

In brief: Blood

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Marsha Davis