Why does my "cry reflex" happen when i hear certain tones in music even though i'm not upset or anxious? I've had this since i was really young, but i've noticed it's being triggered more and more often as i've gotten older. It also makes my body shake, b

In brief: Studies

Studies show that music can activate a number of areas of the brain as demonstrated with eeg's, pet scans and other brain studies to include: the frontal lobe of the brain, the amydala, the prefrontal cortex, the midbrain, and the orbitofrontal cortex.
Emotions evoked can be pleasant or unpleasant. Musicians often are more responsive to the emotional effect of music. It is different for each person. Your response to music is not pathologic. .

In brief: Studies

Dr. Jonathan Jassey