Is 43 too early for pre menapause? I have always had irregular periods. They are anywhere from 21 to 28 days apart. I have no symptoms that im aware of, of menapause. Periods are still 6 to 7 days and the first half is still heavy. I didn't have a period

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Some

Some women do start having irregular or skipped periods at this age.
You have done exactly the right things; taking a pregnancy test with plan to repeat is appropriate. But it may be that you are skipping a period. A word of caution: please read your new insurance plan language carefully. With some plans, if you mention any past concerns that you waited to address, it will not be covered as it would be considered pre-existing.

In brief: Some

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy