My daughter has had mono. I'm pretty sure that I have had it as well. I am just literally exhuasted. All i want to do is sleep. My concern is that for the past few days my lower abdomen has felt strange. I know that you can get an enlarged spleen with mon

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You are correct regarding an enlarged spleen with mono.
The spleen is located on the left side of the abdomen, closer to the middle; it is also closer to your back than your abdominal wall. If your spleen is enlarged and causing you pain, there is the possibility that this pain is radiating to the area you described. You must also consider that this may represent a different process, possibly a UTI (urinary tract infection). For this reason you should see your doctor for an evaluation and testing for mono as well as testing for a possible uti. Lastly remember to drink plenty of fluids and in the meantime avoid any contact sports or strenuous exercise. Take care.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey