What can we do for my sons feet my son plays basketball. He had a game friday and practice sat. When he went to get up sunday he could barely walk his feet hurt. He said it feels like the have deep bruises. He stayed off them sun. And mon. He went back to

In brief: There

There are many reasons that your son's feet are hurting.
It could be that he sprained a part of his foot and or ankle. There is aslo a chance that he might have some bone contusion from just the physicality of the basketball game. My recommendation would be to definitely go and visit a podiatrist and ask them to take an x-ray of your son's feet. If there is no fracture and or dislocation noted, then, most likely the trauma has affected the soft tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments, etc.) in his feet. Most likely, with proper rest, ice, elevation and some anti-inflammatory creams and or oral medications, your son's feet will feel better. Nevertheless, if in about 2 weeks, they are not improving, he may need some physical therapy. Also, MRI may need to be used to discover what specific soft tissues are affected. Last but not least, the reason for your son's feet pain could be that he has flexible flatfoot deforimity. In that case, my recommendation would be to get him measured for orthotics. Orthotiocs are custom-made corrective inserts, which function is to basically correct any deformity in a patient's foot in order to improve the gait of the patient. They can certainly reduce the pain that he is having and also improve his walking and or running.

In brief: There

Dr. Velimir Petkov
Dr. Velimir Petkov
Dr. Shontae Buffington