I have swollen ankles and my right leg i had a iregular heart beat 4 years ago i went and had a arterial abolation and every thing has been fine the swelling goes down over night i had a ultra sound for my heart and an akg about 3 weeks ago and every thi

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The good news is that your heart is not failing, which would have been detected on the ultrasound of your heart.
When this occurs your heart does does pump blood effectively which ultimately results in fluid accumulation in your lower extremities. As far as why you have swollen ankles/legs its hard to say. You may need to decrease your salt intake. Also if you have any pain, redness, or tenderness in your leg(s) then your doctor may need to do an ultrasound of your lower extremities in order to rule out blood clots. I suggest you schedule a follow up visit with your doctor in order to investigate this problem further. Best of luck.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine