Can i be pregnant even though i already done had my period and it feels like I am ? So me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for a while now and every time we have sex he nuts in me. But I have gotten a period but this time it was different

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Even

Even though it would be unusual to continue to have a period while pregnant, it is not unheard of.
The only way to know for sure is for you to take a pregnancy test. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed or abnormal period (3-4 weeks after possible conception). A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. If you are not pregnant, you may want to contact your doctor anyway to discuss your symptoms. You may have another illness going on giving you those symptoms. Good luck!

In brief: Even

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy