Microscopic blood in my urine something to worry about? I have had microscopic blood in my urine for a few years, i can see the blood now when i pee, have seen a urology 2 yrs ago, he did not no where it was coming from he said to keep a eye on it, and g

Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: Microscopic hematuria

assuming you had a full workup for microscopic hematuria two years ago, I would recommend you revisit a urologist for reevaluation since you now have gross ( visible ) hematuria.

In brief: Microscopic hematuria

Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Kuan
Urology

In brief: Revisit MD

Microscopic blood can be a chronic finding, without consequence.
What has changed is the blood is now visible. Would be worth your time to be re-evaluated by a urologist.

In brief: Revisit MD

Dr. James Kuan
Dr. James Kuan
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You need to follow up with your primary care provider for repeat urine testing (analysis, cultures) and you may need to see the urologist again.
Do you have any other symptoms besides bleeding? This and other questions will need to be addressed when you are evaluated. For your information, common causes of hematuria (blood in urine) include: infection kidney stones cancer medications (i.e. Blood thinners) marathon runners or strenuous physical activity prostatitis (males only) gynecology issues best of luck.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Smith