Will i always have to use finacea to keep my rosacea under control? My doctor told me that I should see maximum results from using finacea after a few months. Is this drug something that i'll always have to use to control my rosacea? Can i eventually begi

Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dermatology

In brief: Your

Your doctor was absolutely correct - you start to see changes in 2-4 months.
That's when you know whether or not your topical or oral treatment for rosacea is truly having an impact on your symptoms. Rosacea is something that you will need to manage, it is a chronic skin condition. A cornerstone of my treatment involves the use of a broad spectrum sunscreen regularly in addition to the use of topicals such as finacea/azelaic acid. I like to stress that each treatment needs to be individualized. If you respond well and things improve and stabilize, sometimes I have patients use their topical less frequently, such as every other day or weekends only - on the condition that they use sunscreen regularly. Hope that helps!

In brief: Your

Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dr. Antonio Cruz
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I agree with above.
Rosacea is typically a chronic condition and will require long term therapy. Read more about it at the link below. I hope that helps.

In brief: I

I agree with above.
Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward