Anxiety/panic attacks? Hello, I have not been diagnosed with anxiety but i think I have it. Ever since i started getting headaches from my sinus infection i convinced my self that I have a brain tumor or brain aniresum because i looked the symptoms up onl

In brief: Hello,

Hello, lets start with providing some information about anxiety and panic attacks since you are specifically inquiring about those conditions.
Anxiety can present with feeling nervous or restless; getting tired more easily; feeling irritable; problems with sleep; muscle tension (especially in the muscles surrounding the skull, as well as neck and upper back muscles); or feeling so anxious that your mind goes blank. Panic attacks are a type of anxiety disorder. They are usually discreet episodes that can last a few minute up to around ten minutes. They can be quite unsettling and can include symptoms like: feeling very panicked; trembling, sweating more; having difficulty breathing with more rapid breaths; chest tightness or pain; nausea or butterflies in stomach sensation; feeing dizzy; a pounding or rapid heart beat; feeling numbness or tingling in certain areas and sometimes the fear that you are going crazy or that you are dying. As you know, doctors don't diagnose patients by websites. However, it does sound like you have an obsessive fear right now. If your doctor has not evaluated your sinus problems, i suggest you get it checked out. That way you will know the cause, it can be treated and hopefully the doctor can help to calm your fears. If you have already seen the doctor for this and you are still focused on the possibility that you have a tumor or an aneurysm, than i suggest that you call him or her to let them know that you are obsessing over the issue. At that point, the doctor can help develop a plan for how to overcome this. Good luck - try to stop fretting.

In brief: Hello,

Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: Your

Your preoccupation with a possible brain tumor or aneurysm is certainly provoking anxiety, but the force that is driving your fear is better described as an obsession, which is suggestive of obsessive-compulsive disorder. If you haven't already done so, see your doctor about this problem. He/she may want to allay your fears by ordering an MRI of your brain, but it's more important that you get referred to a mental health professional.
I hope you feel better soon!

In brief: Your

I hope you feel better soon!
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen