I have RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) am i able to still take oxycodone? My lungs don't bother me anymore, but its still there.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is not a contraindication with oxycodone and RSV as far as I am aware.
The question is why are you taking oxycodone? Is it for another condition or was it given for pain in your lungs? You stated in your post "your lungs dont bother [me] anymore, but its still there" I am not sure if you are referring to the medication or the virus. If the medication was given specifically for lung pain and it's resolved now, you do not need to take it anymore, as it can become addictive. Take care.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Michael Gehrke
Not only is addictive opiods long term can actually make Ur pain worse. Taken appropriately they wrk very well but if U need more to wrk qui
Dr. Ricardo Borrego
Anesthesiology

In brief: Virus

A virus can affect your breathing and be dangerous to take narcotics if it is severe enough.
Question is why do you need the oxycodone in the first place? If you still need to take it you need to know you have gotten over the worse part of the viral infection so as not to cause any further respiratory depression at the same time. Heal quickly!

In brief: Virus

Dr. Ricardo Borrego
Dr. Ricardo Borrego