I am a 61 year old woman who is a vegetarian. I eat nuts, eggs, fish, and cheese for protein. I am losing hair. The cause? I am not real fond of fresh greens, but i eat a lot of citrus fruit, and sometimes fresh green vegetables. I drink soy milk. Cou

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There is a possibility that your hair loss could be from your diet (iron deficiency) or it could be from another cause such as a thyroid disorder, hereditary hair loss, over styling, a scalp condition, polycystic ovarian syndrome, or even lupus.
Before just assuming it is your diet, you should give your doctor a call. They will be able to examine you and possibly run some simple blood test to rule out non-diet related reasons for hair loss. Many of these are treatable, so having the correct diagnosis is key! good luck!

In brief: There

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis