I am a 61 year old woman who is a vegetarian. I eat nuts, eggs, fish, and cheese for protein. I am losing hair. The cause? I am not real fond of fresh greens, but i eat a lot of citrus fruit, and sometimes fresh green vegetables. I drink soy milk. Cou

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Female Hair Loss

You MAY have a condition called Alopecia, which is autoimmune and not from diet.
Please start by seeing your doctor. He/she may do hormone tests or refer you to a dermatologist. If stress related, a clinical psychologist can help w/stress management. Peace and good health.

In brief: Female Hair Loss

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There is a possibility that your hair loss could be from your diet (iron deficiency) or it could be from another cause such as a thyroid disorder, hereditary hair loss, over styling, a scalp condition, polycystic ovarian syndrome, or even lupus.
Before just assuming it is your diet, you should give your doctor a call. They will be able to examine you and possibly run some simple blood test to rule out non-diet related reasons for hair loss. Many of these are treatable, so having the correct diagnosis is key! good luck!

In brief: There

Dr. Adam Levy