Question i fell off an ladder about 10 feet high landed on top of the ladder right on my ribs.My back turned instant black and blue. Sometimes when taking a deep breath it hurts, twisting my back, coughing, or even laying on it it is painful, the pain has

In brief: From

From what you described there is a possibility that you could have fractured / broken one or more ribs.
I am concerned that with a fall from that height and some of your symptoms that you could have suffered a pulmonary contusion (damage to tissues in lungs). Back in the day people used to tape their chest, to reduce pain. Don't tape your chest ! i recommend that instead of just tuffing it out, you see the doctor to get this fully evaluated. It is better to be safe than sorry. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

In brief: From

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology