What is the difference between Lexapro (escitalopram) and celexa?

Dr. Samuel Miles
In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram) is more pure
Some chemicals, like Celexa have 2 forms which are mirror images of each other. (like your hands) chemists wil refer to them as left or right sided versions.
While Celexa includes both forms, Lexapro (escitalopram) only contains one (the left handed version). Since these drugs act on receptors in the nervous system, like keys in a lock, the right and left handed molecules have some different effects.

Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Samuel Miles
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
Agree with my colleague.
Also, the left half is associated with efficacy & right half with side-effects, so it is claimed that Lexapro (escitalopram) is tolerated better than celexa.

In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
Agree with my colleague.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman