Possibly bad sleeping habit rather than sleeping disorder? I am 20 years old healthy, work out, eat healthy foods but can't sleep at night. I can never fall asleep till after 230am and then I sleep in till 1130am. This has been going on for about 3 months

Delayed Sleep Phase. You likely have delayed sleep phase syndrome. You want to go to bed later and sleep in later. Commonly seen in teenagers and young adults. A combination of bright light first thing upon awakening and melatonin at night may help advance your rhythm. See a sleep specialist for guidance in altering and timing the adjustment in your circadian rhythm.
At . At this point you may have a sleep disorder, especially if the sleep issues are causing you distress or are impacting function. You may have developed delayed sleep phase syndrome which is a type of circadian rhythm disorder. The period of time you sleep is later (per clock time). As a result your body becomes used to getting tired and falling asleep later at night. Because of this, if you try to get up early you will probably feel tired. This means that you are likely to get up later in the day. Possible causes include caffeine use in the evening or exposure to light. If you want to normalize your sleep times, the first thing you will have to do is to cut out naps and your will need to get up earlier in the morning. This is likely to make you tire earlier in the evening. Here are some basic sleep hygiene tips. 1. Maintain a regular bedtime and awakening time schedule including weekends. Get up about the same time every day, regardless of what time you fell asleep. 2. Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Relaxing rituals prior to bedtime many include a warm bath or shower, aroma therapy, reading, or listening to soothing music. 3. Sleep in a room that is dark, quiet, comfortable, and cool; sleep on comfortable mattress and pillows. 4. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. Have work materials, computers, and tvs in another room. 5. Finish eating at least 2-3 hours prior to your regular bedtime. 6. Avoid caffeine within 6 hours; alcohol & smoking within 2 hours of bedtime. 7. Exercise regularly; finish a few hours before bedtime. 8 go to bed only when sleepy. Lay in bed only for sleeping, not for work or watching tv. 9. Designate another time to write down problems & possible solutions in the late afternoon or early evening, not close to bedtime. 10. After 10-15 minutes of not being able to get to sleep, go to another room to read or watch tv until sleepy.