I think i broke my toe what do I do it is black what do I do

In brief: A

A broken toe is usually buddy taped to the toe next to it.
However, if you believe your toe may be broken and the skin overlying the toe is broken, you need to get it checked; as this can lead to an infection of the bone.

In brief: A

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Have it looked at.

You will need and x-ray to see if you have a fracture or if it is just a sprain.
If fractured, you will need to be immobilized with a splint, cast, or rigid walking boot depending on the location of the injury. If fractured, it may need to be reduced in the office or possibly in the operating room. Have it evaluated by your physician to get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Have it looked at.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: You are not clear

As to what is black.
.The skin? The nail? If the skin this is likely discoloration secondary to bruising, if the nail, you likely have a subungual hematoma. If the nail has greater that 25% discoloration it should be drained and may require repair of the nail bed. The toe should be xrayed to determine if a break is there and if in place or displaced, if intraarticular or not.

In brief: You are not clear

As to what is black.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine