What is a normal dose of cymbalta (duloxetine) for depression?

Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Cymbalta (duloxetine)
60mg. per day. Very few cases may require 90mg. up to 120mg.

In brief: Cymbalta (duloxetine)
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: 30 to 120 mg
Depends on the person & the problem probably most r on 30 to 60 but in my psychiatric practice with more difficult problems 60 to 120 mg.

In brief: 30 to 120 mg
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: 60 mg
Cymbalta (duloxetine) generally is a less than average effective antidepressant.
It originally was withdrawn from the market briefly when it didn't show expected effectiveness. A second introduction was barely adequate until it was found to work well for diabetic peripheral neuropathy and became widely used. It now has use in fibromyalgia and other chronic pain as well as for depression in some patients.

In brief: 60 mg
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett