Is it possible that a piece of tooth could get left behind during a wisdom tooth extraction? I had my wisdom teeth out in october. It's now january and I think I have a little piece of tooth that's working out of my gum on the bottom. It's sharp and a lit

Postoperative. Best thing to do is see your surgeon and take an x-ray and have a physical examination.
Yes, . Yes, but it may be a loose piece of bone not just a broken piece of tooth. They will usually resolve without issue but the best thing is to go back to your dentist and let them take a look to be safe. There are a few different options they can discuss with you.
Yes, infrequently. Yes, one can have either a small fragment of bone or tooth lodged in a socket and unknown to the surgeon at the time of extraction, only to work its way to the surface over time. Either wait until it come out on its own or see the dentist who extracted the tooth remove it.
It. It is always possible for a small piece of tooth to be inadvertently left behind during an extraction. It could also be a piece of bone that has broken off. If you are having pain then you should definitely return to the doctor to be evaluated.
Yes, . Yes, some times a small piece of the tooth can break off when a wisdom tooth is being extracted. In some cases, the wisdom tooth may need to be broken before if can be removed. If something feels jagged and sore, it is worth seeing your dentist back, so that he can examine you.
Usually no. Tooth fragments are unlikely to be left behind if procedure was done by an oral surgeon, it is common however to have non-vital fragments of bone to separate and work their way out (like a splinter) this is called a bony sequestrum. Not usual, but it does occur.