The outside middle area of my chest hurts a lot when i strech or touch the middle of it?What should I do

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Stretching

Stretching or touching an area near your chest and having it hurt could be 1.
Muscular ie from doing an activity in excess such as a push=up 2. Related to the joint where the breast bone or sternum meet the ribs a common source of pain 3. Related to something in a rib or muscles such as a fracture or trauma or bruising 4. Related to a heart or lung issue if it is purely tender to touch and hurts more with stretching it is more comonly1, 2 or 3. But number 4 is still possible without more information it is too general a question to leave alone and you should call your doctor.

In brief: Stretching

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology