Blood clot my husband just discover a blood clot in his foot, they did an emergency surgery 3 days ago but his foot is still swollen and have a redness is this serious? And he can hardy stand on his feet

Dr. Steven Guyton
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Redness

Redness could be a sign of infection in the foot, particularly if the circulation is not normal.
His foot swelling should be treated by keeping the foot elevated. You should check with his surgeon or whoever is on call for his surgeon. I expect that he should be staying off of his feet as much as possible, and keeping his foot elevated.

In brief: Redness

Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Steven Guyton

In brief: Blood clot

Any redness can be serious .
You should see the surgeon sooner rather than later - they are there to help you ! good luck.

In brief: Blood clot

Any redness can be serious .
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery